Sunday, April 3, 2011

Etsy Blessings

Our family has been so blessed lately. Loren works for the State of Idaho and because of budget cuts, he has had to take 6 furlow days (days off without pay). He decided to spread them out throughout the last couple months so we would only get docked a few hours to a day each paycheck. We knew that if we cut back and stick to a budget that we would be able to get through it.

Who knew that Etsy would be such a blessing. In November when I decided to make stockings, I did it to make enough money to pay for a new water heater. Let alone make a little extra money to have a nice Christmas. We never expected it to grow into the business it has.

In March from Turnbow designs, I sold 21 items and 2 items to family. Today is April 3rd and I've already sold 7 items. I just can't believe it! Now when I hear there is rumor that there are more furlow days to come, I know that we will be ok.

Not only does Etsy bring in extra money, it has really been a release for me. I love the designing of the new products and having that little time to escape the repetition of cleaning the house.

What is bad about Etsy? My competitive side has come out. I regualarly search for new ideas on the site. There is this one lady that makes some of the same stuff I do, and I check her site, just to make sure I sell more than she does. I know I'm a little crazy, but that's who I am.

I really do feel blessed to have the talents that I do and have the ability to have my own little business while I stay at home.

No comments: