Wednesday, January 6, 2010

A look back at 2009 and a look forward at 2010

So many things happened in 2009, maybe jotting them down will help me remember all of them.

January on the 1st we began looking to purchase a house. We put two offers on two houses and waited, our 2nd offer on the better house got accepted.

February We wanted to close by the end of February, but ran into many issues with it being a bank owned house.

March Celebrated Loren turning 28 on the 4th and on the 17th closed on the house and got the keys two days later. Moved in by the end of March and cleaned the rental property we were recently occupying.

April got our first dog, Bowser.

May planted our first garden and worked on little things on the house.

July on the 10th (my 27th birthday) found out we were expecting our first baby.

August my mom, Susan, and Marquel came to Boise to visit, and we announced the baby.

September reaped the rewards of the garden and couldn't keep it under control.

November had our first Thanksgiving in our house, and had to have our furnace replaced.

December traveled back to Kansas for Christmas. It had been 5 years since I've been in Kansas for a Holiday.


As for the rest of the months, I don't remember anything that stood out. This past year has gone so fast, and I didn't get as much done as I wish I could have. We did complete several projects around the house (pulling out bushes, trees, weeds, adding a fence for the garden, replacing 2 toilets, painting a bathroom, updating light fixtures, cleaning and staining the fence, and installing a dog door). I also finished my sister's quilt, the baby's stocking, a baby's quilt, curtains for the kitchen, and several scrapbooking pages. I also reupholstered the kitchen chairs. After writing all that, I did do quite a bit especially working full time, being pregnant and sick, and having a demanding calling at church.

Some things we know/hope that will happen this year in no particular order are:

1. Quiting my job in February to stay at home.

2. Having a healthy baby sometime in March (lets hope it is at the beginning).

3. Finally painting the outside of our house.

4. Painting and decorating the babies room (I'm very excited about this, especially since I went and bought all the fabric last night).

5. Hopefully we get to go camping this year, especially since we didn't make it at all last year.

6. Attending a Bentz family reunion in Kansas in June.

I can't wait for this new year!

No comments: