Thursday, November 12, 2009

22 Weeks

At 11 inches (the length of a spaghetti squash) and almost 1 pound, our baby is starting to look like a miniature newborn. It's lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and it's even developing tiny tooth buds beneath it's gums. The baby's eyes have formed, but it's irises (the colored part of the eye) still lack pigment. If you could see inside the womb , you'd be able to spot the fine hair (lanugo) that covers it's body and the deep wrinkles on it's skin, which it'll sport until it adds a padding of fat to fill them in. Inside the baby's belly, it's pancreas — essential for the production of some important hormones — is developing steadily.

As for me, things are going ok. They belly is growing bigger and I've stopped wearing my regular pants and turned only to maternity pants. I hate wearing things that are tight and especially when the baby continually kicks my bladder, I don't need my pants resting on the same spot. The baby has starting moving a lot. Yesterday I was lying on the bed talking on the phone with my hand on my belly and felt the baby move from the outside of my skin. It is getting more exciting. I'm trying to find the right moment when Loren can feel it move too. Everyone tells me that feeling the baby move is a wonderful sensation, but I have different views. Yes, it is neat that I'm carrying my baby and can feel it move. But I'm weirded out that there is something foreign inside of me growing and moving around. I don't like that my body is changing and I can't do things I've been able to do (sleep on my back, reach things, go for walks without my hips aching). I'm sure things will be get better.

We have been working on the house quite a bit lately. I guess I'm getting some of my energy back. Loren finished up the edge painting in the guest bathroom (he won't let me stand on the step stool, so I can't do it). We also started scrapping the caulking and water damaged drywall in our bathroom. Hopefully we can get that finished, mudded, and caulked tonight. Allowing it to be sanded and dry before the weekend, and then we can start painting. I hate all the prep work that goes along with the painting. But if you don't do it right the first time, there will be issues later. I'm so grateful for Loren and everything he does. Last weekend with it being nice outside, we worked on the yard. He raked and pulled weeds. He even dug up some more of the garden. My back was sore from pulling 5 weeds, I don't know how he did so much in the back yard with out hurting himself.

Church has been going good. I only had 1 meeting this past week, so I've gotten to relax a little bit. Loren and I were asked to speak on the 22nd. So we've been slowly thinking of things. That day will be very busy for Loren, he has to speak, teach his class, and do sharing time. You might as well get it all done in one day.

Sorry there aren't any pictures with this post or any of the others. I usually write these at work on my breaks and if I forget at home to post pictures, they never get added. Hopefully I'll get better at that when I'm at home with the baby.

No comments: