Friday, October 23, 2009

19 Weeks & Life

Our baby's sensory development is exploding! It's brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. Some research suggests that the baby may be able to hear us. The baby's arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of it's body now. The kidneys continue to make urine and the hair on the scalp is sprouting. A waxy protective coating called the vernix caseosa is forming on the skin to prevent it from pickling in the amniotic fluid.

Things for me are going good. I'm still working hard at work trying to get caught up before we go live with our new computer/accounting system. Then being Relief Society Secretary has been taking some time with Tuesday and Thursday meetings, on top of that doing the newsletter, birthday cards, and all the rest of the secretary stuff. I'm really enjoying this calling though. I really didn't know too many people in the ward and now I'm getting to know them all.

I took on a project while Loren was away hunting this last week. I decided to paint and redo the bathroom. We didn't have the funds to replace the counter tops and flooring, so I decided to work with it. I had a friend over and we painted the walls and trim, and picked out new towels and shower curtain. It looks very nice. I still plan on redoing the back splash and painting the ceiling, but I want to make sure Loren liked it before jumping in that far. Hopefully we will also be replacing the toilet before the baby comes. This is our guest bath and I'm sure with the baby being here we will have many more guests, and I don't want any more clogged toilets.

As for my body and pregnancy...we are very glad Loren is back to give massages. The lower back is always aching and the ligaments that support my uterus are stretching to accommodate the baby and they are sore almost every day. Some days I feel huge and pregnant and other days I just feel fat. I did gain 3 lbs this past Dr. appointment. It's hard to eat healthy when your body doesn't want veggies. Even the thought of vegetables makes me want to gag. I've never been a big milk person, but I have been craving milk this past month and drink at least 2 big glasses each day.

Everything else in life is good and I can't wait for the new experiences that await us.

No comments: